Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DMB Summer 2010 Tour

The Dave Matthews Band is one of the most talented jam bands around today and puts on a very eclectic show, which I have experienced a couple times as a teenager. My first DMB concert experience was Sept 2nd, 2005, which was the last time the band has come to my hometown of San Antonio, TX. Since then I have been to three other shows, one in Dallas (the last show i saw featuring DMB's saxophonist Leroi Moore who passed away in Aug 2008), one in the Woodlands, and the most recent one at Austin City Limits Music Festival. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one, and plan on attending many more in the future; that brings me to the title of this post, Dave's summer 2010 tour. DMB started off the year with a European tour, and the American tour dates recently released on the band's website. DMB will be making a coupe stops in Texas in early September, and will be in the Woodlands at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on the 10th. I will most likely be attending this show with some friends, a repeat of last summer's tour. The opening act is a band called Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, which i also saw at Austin City Limits this past October. They put on a really fun show and have a James Brown sort of funk and soul feel. I am really looking forward to seeing the Dave Matthews Band again, and recommend you see at least one live DMB show too. I'll leave you with a video of Dave's closing song at the concert i went to last summer, a song called Rapunzel, a fairly old song in the DMB catalog. This ending jam shows the band's energy from from the start of a concert to the finish, which is one of the reasons why i love their concerts so much.

Rapunzel - Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment