Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend in Austin

This past weekend i took the short trip to Austin, TX for a couple of live concerts. Friday night i attended a concert featuring two roots reggae bands, Rebelution and SOJA, and a hip-hop group, Zion I at Stubb's Bar-B-Que. I have actually seen Rebelution before, a couple of years ago when they were opening for another band of the same genre of music. While I enjoyed their performance more the first time I saw them, they did not disappoint this time around. They played quite a bit of their old material, which I was very pleased with, and had both opening bands up on stage for the final song of the night, which was an awesome, groovy reggae tune. Saturday night I went to Emo's (again) for the CD release party of a band called the White White Lights. I went mainly for the band that opened for them, The Happen-ins, which a friend of mine had seen previously in downtown Bryan before and spoke highly about. The bands were both pretty decent, but nothing too special. Both have Myspace pages that have some of their songs on them, so check them out if you're into more indie rock kinds of bands. This weekend was filled with live music, so I guess you could say it was a very successful and fun weekend. Attached is a video of the final song of the Rebelution/SOJA/Zion I show at the House of Blues in Anaheim, which I did not attend, but is very similar to the finale that was put on in Austin that I witnessed. enjoy

"I Like It" - Rebelution/SOJA/Zion I (Finale)

No comments:

Post a Comment