Friday, February 26, 2010

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers


Big news from the Florida native rock band! It has been announced that Tom and his band will be touring the U.S. this summer, with stops in Dallas and Houston in May (no one ever goes to San Antonio anymore). I am still undecided if I will attend this concert, mostly because of the price and distance from home, which will only increase expenses. Tom and his band also have some great opening acts on this tour like Crosby, Stills and Nash and ZZ Top. I have always like Tom Petty, mostly because the Heartbreakers was one of the first bands my ears ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with, thanks to my father. Listening to Tom brings me back to childhood, and conjures up images of my youth that only certain music can. Another big announcement is that Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers have a new album coming out this spring called "Mojo," which will be the band's twelfth studio album. To top that all off, anyone who purchases a ticket to any of the shows for this summer tour gets a digital version of Mojo via email, for free! That isn't a deal-maker for me, but does sound very cool and a nice gesture in honor of Tom's fans. Sounds like I have a pretty big decision to make pretty soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment