Sunday, February 14, 2010

First Post!

Hey everyone my name's Colton and this is my music blog. Here I'll be writing all about music, from new CD's of my favorite bands to concerts I've been to or plan on attending. My favortite genres of music are alternative, classic rock, and reggae/rock. I have too many favorite bands to name, so just check out my profile if you're interested in that. For my first post, I'm writing about a concert I attended last night at Emo's in Austin, featuring several of my favorite reggae/rock bands. The name of the tour is the Ladera Winter Blackout 2010 Tour. Headlining was a band called the Expendables, who rocked pretty hard. Another band was Iration, who is mainly roots reggae with a little pop feel, and also put on a great show. The band I'm most excited to write is one of my most recently favorited bands named Passafire. They're from Savannah, GA and produce one of the best combinations of rock and reggae I have ever heard. They recently released a new album in the past couple of months to go along with their first two and a live one on iTunes. They're pretty up and coming, so if you have not heard of them, just give them a listen and you will definitely want to support them and buy a few songs. Along with those three bands was two more called Pour Habit and Roots Down Below, which I sadly did not arrive in time to see perform. The concert was excellent overall, despite the numerous mosh pits and fist fight that broke out mid-concert. Posted is a video of the song Kilo, one of the best songs by Passafire, enjoy. EDIT: change of posted video to some of the actual show that have popped up the past couple of days.

Lay Awake - Passafire


Down Down Down - The Expendables (Opening song)

No comments:

Post a Comment