Monday, April 5, 2010

Baseball is Back!

So this post may be a little off the typical music topic that this blog is centered around, but this is probably my most excited post. The 2010 Major League Baseball Season kicked off Sunday night with a couple of games, one of which was the heated Red Sox/Yankees rivalry. While I enjoyed the game play immensely, I couldn't help but love when Neil Diamond came out after the seventh inning to sing his Fenway-favorite "Sweet Caoline." Another time when the music of the game caught my eye was when Boston's relief pitcher, Jonathan Papelbon, came from the bullpen to close the game. The speakers were blasting "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys. Today, the Texas Rangers took on the Toronto Blue Jays, and were victorious 5-4 with some ninth inning heroics. Michael Young is my absolute favorite player, but not just because of his skills and demeanor off the field; the man has great taste in music. Every time he comes up to bat, the sound man plays either "Sure Shot" or "Sabotage," two awesome songs by the Beastie Boys. This baseball season has kicked off to a great start, combining both of my passions; baseball and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment