Monday, April 19, 2010

Chilifest 2010


While there may be other aspects of this festival that draw college students to attend, I must say the live music was a big one for me, so my expectations were high. I am happy to say that for the majority, I was very pleased with the performances I saw on Saturday. Cory Morrow started the day off with a very lively and awesome set. He played a lot of his old material, which was very cool because I actually knew most of the songs, which was something I wasn't expecting. I would say Morrow put on the best show of the entire festival. Roger Creager played right after, and also played a great set. I was most surprised that he played a cover of the Beatles' "With A Little Help From My Friends," and did it pretty well; that was one of a few songs I could sing along to that Creager played. Eli Young Band played next, who I really don't care for, so I wasn't in the audience for their set. Aaron Watson played after them, and had a very fun set that everyone was dancing and singing to. Somewhere in either Eli Young or Watson's set was a cover of Billy Joel's "Piano Man," which was really cool but a little out of the element of the festival. Dwight Yoakam was the headliner and played last, but I didn't stay to see his full set or even go in the audience at all during his stage time. Overall I think the Chilifest 2010 Entertainment was very good, and am very eager as to who will play next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment