Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rogue Wave

Rogue Wave is an indie/alternative band that I have started substantially listening to recently. I first found out about them from the movie Just Friends, which featured their song "Eyes" in one of the softer scenes of the film. Their tunes are very mellow and cheery, perfect for studying, driving or just relaxing. The acoustics are very catchy and the light, yet powerful vocals provide a nice soft rock result. I know that whenever I come home at the end of a rough day at school, Rogue Wave is one of the bands that i can put on to lighten the load a little bit. The reason I'm dedicating a whole post to them is because of their new album that was released today, called "Permalight." From what I have perceived from the thirty second samples on iTunes (not a credible source, I know) and couple of videos that have surfaced on YouTube, this CD is quite different from the older ones that got me really into this band. It is very soon to critique, and I will definitely need some time (and money) to really listen to the album in it's entirety, but I will keep you posted on my thoughts at a later time. If you are interested in Rogue Wave and wondering what song/CD to purchase or listen to, my recommendation is to listen to their popular singles "Eyes" and "Lake Michigan," which provide a pretty good template of the band's sounds. If you wish to further your Rogue Wave catalog, my personal favorite record of theirs is "Out of the Shadow," which has some excellent acoustics, percussions and cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment