Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wakarusa


The summer of 2010 is slowly but surely approaching, and what better way to celebrate the absence of school than an out-of-state road trip to a music festival? There is none! There are many musical festivals taking place this summer, so it will be a very hard decision to narrow it down to one. The festival that seems has been catching my eye for some time now is Wakarusa. Wakarusa is a four day long camping and music festival that takes place at Mulberry Mountain in Ozark, Arkansas. If the location doesn't sound appealing enough, the artist lineup is ridiculously awesome. It's almost as if the festival coordinators had a list of my favorite bands that I've seen in concert before, plus ones that I have been dying to see live, and invited them all to Wakarusa this year. The bands I'm most excited to see are STS9, Umphree's Mcgee, the Black Keys, State Radio, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, and Passafire, who I wrote about in a previous post. In addition to that list are a couple of other bands who I've previously seen and wouldn't mind seeing again at all; bands like Slightly Stoopid, Rebelution, Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, the Supervillains and Mishka. Even with this massive lineup of awesome artists, the ticket prices are not something that will break the bank, so that is another tally to the plus side in my decision making. As of right now, this music festival seems like the best way to kick off the summer, but the plans are not set in stone, and I will write about other festivals I have on my list of possiblities.

No comments:

Post a Comment